Re: Sensible Soccer 2006 - Mod/Editors Community Read Here...

• Sganton
  • Sganton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #8906 by Sganton
The team names can be edited by the in-game name editor.

It is only a metter of time after the game is released that real names will be available.

S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 10 months ago #8907 by MadMmike
YES !! :D

Thats what i wanted to hear!! :o

Because belleck sucks ;)

• Penleeki
  • Penleeki's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #8913 by Penleeki
Thank god most of the data files are uncompressed, hope they stay this way in the full version.
For the impatient:
open worlddat/NamesNW.bin in a text editor and find/replace any player names that are bugging you

also.. open view.ini in a text editor and swap everything under [sensi new] for what is under [sensi classic].. Now you can actually see where to hit the ball for a corner.
The ini files are pretty straightforward, so you can tweak the camera to EXACTLY how you like it (high resolution on a big monitor hugely zoomed out looks amazing).

• FlowNeppets
  • FlowNeppets's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #8914 by FlowNeppets
I wonder if it will be possible to model new stadiums etc. Would be really interestet in doing that.

I also wonder if sensi 2006 will be modable to the point that someone codes a swos like manager career. I heard the new career isnt a managergame like in swos which sucks :(
Somehow this kills a bit my enthusiasm for sensi 2006 before i have even played it.

• CATS
  • CATS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #8915 by CATS
Funny you should say that Flow. For Geoff Crammond s Grand Prix games (of which I was a member of the editing community before it died of death) you used to be able to download a career program that would log which team you drove for, your results from the game, then make you offers of drives for the following season etc etc.

As soon as I saw Sensi 06 wouldn t have the career option in the traditional sense, I immediately thought of making a career program like I mentioned above but for your football management career. Consider it very much in the pipeline.

More
17 years 10 months ago #8957 by BHA4EVER
Thats good thinking, I remember the Career one for F1GP very well and noe rFactor has a simular thing. Pretty sure it ll be doable in SS06.

As for saving the DDS files did you try the different DXT settings? (1/3/5 if I remember correctly)

I m gonna play around with the Demo and see what I can do just for fun sake, the obvious fun starts when the full game arrives :D

Also the full game Multiplayer.ini (or simular) should give us clues as to wheteher we can connect via a direct connection or something...i.e. onlineplay (fingers crossed)

More
17 years 10 months ago #8958 by BHA4EVER
While I m here, when vieing a replay, use the Up Down arrows to view CAMERA 6. Very much like the Kick Off camera angle and one I d love to try out in game, trouble is I ve looked through the View.ini but cant see it marked anywhere. Guess its just a case of knowing which values do what to the camera, but if anyone finds out in the meantime that would be cool :)

More
17 years 10 months ago #8960 by BHA4EVER
Did some more digging, apparentl;y Colin McRae Rally 3 was nt an online game, but the tool at the site below adds Online support...only gives a slight glimspe of hope that we still may get SS06 online if some coder is willing to give it a try!
www.bhmotorsports.com/CMR3/downloads/862

• Penleeki
  • Penleeki's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 10 months ago #8961 by Penleeki
I ve not played the game, but doesn t rallying usually involve driving through a course one at a time and then comparing times afterwards? My guess is it just compares times online, rather than being real multiplayer.

More
17 years 10 months ago #8999 by BHA4EVER

I ve not played the game, but doesn t rallying usually involve driving through a course one at a time and then comparing times afterwards? My guess is it just compares times online, rather than being real multiplayer.

yeah think you re right....trust me to get all excited too quickly :(

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds