Different difficulty between AMIGA version, and PC version (played in AMIGA way)

More
3 years 8 months ago #143868 by Gosen
This is how it looks for me:

Million shots, AI saves everything, but my GK does nothing when shot comes. 95% of AI goals are rebounds on empty goal.

Anyway thanks to that the game is more difficult in career mode, so even with great squad, especially striker (6-7V and F) doesn't help much as having high C and S to just dribble past everything and score on empty goal, which requires more skill than just machinegun shooting as I did in the first video :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: TIBS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #143869 by TIBS
2 examples:

Liverpool vs Genk:

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool:

More
3 years 8 months ago #143878 by starwindz
@Fiddler @TIBS @Gosen
Playaveli with developers will check out this issue
it seems thorough tests by developer are needed

More
3 years 8 months ago #143882 by Playaveli
Yes, thanks for all of your inputs, especially TIBS with your videos etc.! We will go through it again. But it might take some time.

More
3 years 7 months ago #143938 by LazyFan
Hi,
Just wanted to say great game, totally awesome.
I have to agree I am seeing God Goalie in evidence all the time. Making it super hard to score any goals whatsoever.

However, one game I played, played like normal SWOS. This was a friendly between England and France. I wanted to test it out. I won 3-0 and this felt like a normal SWOS game. But every other game in Career mode felt wrong and the AI keeper was way too good. Like saved everything.

I think this bug persists.

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #143960 by starwindz

Hi,
But every other game in Career mode felt wrong and the AI keeper was way too good. Like saved everything.
I think this bug persists.

thanks for playing swos 2020

source code is being rechecked between swos2020 and amiga swos. (developers have the source code of swos2020 and original swos as assembly code) for now we could not find any differences. the code will be rechecked again

for better checking out, could you upload or share the several recorded gameplay videos(or replay file) in case of career mode play that you feel too good goalkeeper ai? the video or replay files would be quite a helpful for checking out this issue
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by starwindz.

More
3 years 6 months ago #143972 by Sinnesloeschen
Tbh after having played tons of matches in career mode (Amiga - Expert) i haven't really noticed a difference.

More
3 years 6 months ago #143991 by tecra07
Hi -
TL:DR - got to agree that the keepers seem somehow overpowered to me. No empirical evidence, just anecdotal but I wish my actual football team had a keeper this good!

Longer version:
I've been following this thread with interest because after discovering this AMAZING effort to keep and improve one of my all time favourite games going I've been tearing my hair out at how god-like the keepers seem to be (Amiga Mode with normal difficulty but I've tested PC mode too). I've got my own custom tactics and bought players to fit them, like I've done all the way back since the original SWOS 95/96 on Amiga. I played the PC version of 2016/17 extensively too. I'll not claim to actually be any good but I could definitely rack up a cricket score on a good day against poor opposition but now, even lowly teams seem to have 'keepers that will stop anything from any angle or distance. I'm absolutely peppering the goal with shots/chances and maybe scraping 1-0, 2-1 wins against mediocre teams. Against really, really bad teams maybe it would be 3-0 and 4-0 which isn't bad but previously I'd be in double figures and rotating players round to get hat-tricks. It's good to have a challenge but this seems very different from the game I remember. I can't give any empirical evidence and I can totally understand how the devs can be puzzled when the code should be the same but the 'keepers 'feel' too good. Opposition 'keepers that is, my keeper is asleep half the time...

More
3 years 6 months ago #143992 by Playaveli
Thanks for the continous input in this topic, guys.
It will definitely be looked into for upcoming versions. Goalkeepers are a very sensitive issue in SWOS. I am confident we can come up with something that will satisfy players.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TIBS, captaincofresi

More
3 years 6 months ago #144009 by captaincofresi

Thanks for the continous input in this topic, guys.
It will definitely be looked into for upcoming versions. Goalkeepers are a very sensitive issue in SWOS. I am confident we can come up with something that will satisfy players.

Thanks for looking into this complex issue.

At the moment I suspect that I do sometimes have complete loss of direction control with keyboard when I am too near to my own goalkeeper (before I thought it was a controller issue since I had some trouble with my custom keypad, but now use a gaming keyboard instead). To be sure if that might be an issue that is already fixed I am thinking of updating SWOS 2020.

Since I would like to keep the very hard to beat goalkeepers, is it at the moment safe to update to the latest versions for the Launcher and the SWOS Executable?

At the moment I am using SWOS 2020 with the following specs:
Team Database: 2020-0626-1603
Launcher: 1.2.4b. - file name = gameLauncher.exe
SWOS Executable: 1.2.4c. - file name = either (1) swos-port-Release.exe or (2) sws.exe , made backup of both to be sure.

Time to create page: 0.287 seconds