How to add my own '19 / '20 pitch based on the 2016_17 - SWOS United Anniv. Ed

More
4 years 3 months ago #142516 by captaincofresi
Hi,

I tried just adding my folder with a new '19 / '20 pitch called '2019_20 - SWOS Utd. Anniv. Ed - no asst. refs' to the following folder:
Mygamesfolder/SWOS 2020 Total Pack/custom/graphics/

But it doesn't show up in the selection screen. Not even when I go to Advanced Pitch selection and Check 'Reload'.
Is this is a bug or just a missing feature?

So how should I add it? Should I just use the one of the original folders like 'SWOS 2020' and remove all files there and replace them with my new version? And if this is possible, does it matter if the files are somewhat different? Because I sometimes see all pitch types in a folder, and sometimes only a couple of them like Muddy, Normal, Hard and not Soft, Wet, Frozen. It would be nice to know, since I am planning for three pitches in total: no asst. refs, yellow kit asst. refs and black kit asst. refs for the same pitch as mentioned here.

Notes about the new pitch:
  • Used the '2016_17 - SWOS United Anniv. Ed' as the template. Credits: Redhair and Playaveli.
  • Replaced Adboard1.bmp, Adboard2.bmp, Adboard3.bmp with the ones from SWOS 2020, so that there are no animations of the adboards.
  • Added '19 / '20 to the top boarding.
  • No assistant referees have been added, I will be making two additional versions: black kit for assistant referees and yellow kit for assistant referees.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #142521 by starwindz

Hi,

I tried just adding my folder with a new '19 / '20 pitch called '2019_20 - SWOS Utd. Anniv. Ed - no asst. refs' to the following folder:
Mygamesfolder/SWOS 2020 Total Pack/custom/graphics/

But it doesn't show up in the selection screen. Not even when I go to Advanced Pitch selection and Check 'Reload'.
Is this is a bug or just a missing feature?

So how should I add it? Should I just use the one of the original folders like 'SWOS 2020' and remove all files there and replace them with my new version? And if this is possible, does it matter if the files are somewhat different? Because I sometimes see all pitch types in a folder, and sometimes only a couple of them like Muddy, Normal, Hard and not Soft, Wet, Frozen. It would be nice to know, since I am planning for three pitches in total: no asst. refs, yellow kit asst. refs and black kit asst. refs for the same pitch as mentioned here.

Notes about the new pitch:
  • Used the '2016_17 - SWOS United Anniv. Ed' as the template. Credits: Redhair and Playaveli.
  • Replaced Adboard1.bmp, Adboard2.bmp, Adboard3.bmp with the ones from SWOS 2020, so that there are no animations of the adboards.
  • Added '19 / '20 to the top boarding.
  • No assistant referees have been added, I will be making two additional versions: black kit for assistant referees and yellow kit for assistant referees.

i have something to answer your questions.
1. currently creating new pitches is only possible via `custom graphics maker` which is under development.(not released yet)
if you give some graphic materials and info, i can create new custom pitches for you.

2. bmp files in mod folder are used for preview pitches. these files are automatically-generated)

3. to add new pitches for total pack, `graphics.lst' in ini folder needs to be updated. ("[Mod name]", "[Author]")
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #142525 by captaincofresi
Just hope you can use the Photoshop files, so here are the links to the my proposed pitches, based on the 16/17 pitch by Redhair and Playaveli, I realy loved the minimalistic improvements on the overall pitch for that one. And I kinda got used to Sensi having both numbers of the season in the name, so I prefer '19 / '20 above the 2020 that has been used recently. Since when I play career or a league, it will be the '19 / '20 season ;-).

2019_20 - SWOS Utd. Anniv. Ed - no asst. refs
Only changed the 16/17 to 19/20 for the top boarding and added the Adboards from the SWOS 2020 to prevent adboards scrolling. But that might not be how it works ;-). So, at least you know my intensions for this.

2019_20 - SWOS Utd. Anniv. Ed - asst. refs black
Adding assistant referees with Black kits. Please use the NEW '2019_20 - SWOS Utd. Anniv. Ed - no asst. refs' as a template for this.

2019_20 - SWOS Utd. Anniv. Ed - asst. refs yellow
Adding assistant referees with Yellow kits. Please use the NEW '2019_20 - SWOS Utd. Anniv. Ed - no asst. refs' as a template for this.

Please read the readme files for more explanation, I also added the suggested folder names in there.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by captaincofresi.

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #142531 by captaincofresi
I only added the assistant referees for the pitches Normal, Hard and Muddy. Since those were the only preview BMPs I could edit here. So I selected them by hand and copy/pasted them into new files, to be sure the color of their shadows was exactly right. Or do you need them all, for all the different pitch types? Just let me know, then I would have to get some screenshots of the other pitches: frozen, dry, soft and wet. With the assistant referees present. For now I have used the previews in the folder 'New Pitches' for the Black Kit assistant referees. And the previews in the folder 'Summer Pack' for the Yellow Kit assistant referees. I would then have to play those, take screenshots, and then select the assistant referees by hand as I did from the previews. I think the only difference is the shadow color each time, this might also be easy to just color in and select the color based on other shadows?

Additional wish: I think it's nice to have for all pitches is the new goal at topside from the SWOS 2020 pitches, for all the different pitch types. But I cannot estimate how much work that is. If you need to select the goals and copy/paste them for each different pitch type let me know, you could just send me the images and I will do the selecting, copy, paste as I did for the assistant referees. It would be nice to also give the goal a bit of a facelift this way. And that's really the last of it ;-) , and you can quote me on this.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by captaincofresi.

More
4 years 3 months ago #142585 by starwindz

I only added the assistant referees for the pitches Normal, Hard and Muddy. Since those were the only preview BMPs I could edit here. So I selected them by hand and copy/pasted them into new files, to be sure the color of their shadows was exactly right. Or do you need them all, for all the different pitch types? Just let me know, then I would have to get some screenshots of the other pitches: frozen, dry, soft and wet. With the assistant referees present. For now I have used the previews in the folder 'New Pitches' for the Black Kit assistant referees. And the previews in the folder 'Summer Pack' for the Yellow Kit assistant referees. I would then have to play those, take screenshots, and then select the assistant referees by hand as I did from the previews. I think the only difference is the shadow color each time, this might also be easy to just color in and select the color based on other shadows?

Additional wish: I think it's nice to have for all pitches is the new goal at topside from the SWOS 2020 pitches, for all the different pitch types. But I cannot estimate how much work that is. If you need to select the goals and copy/paste them for each different pitch type let me know, you could just send me the images and I will do the selecting, copy, paste as I did for the assistant referees. It would be nice to also give the goal a bit of a facelift this way. And that's really the last of it ;-) , and you can quote me on this.

nice idea
will try to create custom pitches using graphic data you have provided

More
4 years 3 months ago #142590 by captaincofresi
Thanks, and for the Additional wish with the goals from SWOS 2020. I just had another look to compare it to 96/97, best to use both the top and bottom goals from SWOS 2020 Normal Pitch. I see that they both have been improved, a little brighter white nets ;-). Nice work!

More
4 years 3 months ago #142597 by captaincofresi
Hi, I took a screenshot for a throw in to show you the relative distance to the line / boarding for an assistant referee. Best to give players just enough room for the throw in animation, so it doesn't overlap with the assistant referees. Best to center them between the throw-in player and the boarding. So my pixel measurement may be a bit off for the distance to/from the line.

Here is the link to the image with two Assistant Referees embedded to show you their relative position:
SWOS Image Example distance Assistant Referees
(please not that using Image Link in the Forum editor is not working)

More
4 years 3 months ago #142605 by Playaveli

Hi, I took a screenshot for a throw in to show you the relative distance to the line / boarding for an assistant referee. Best to give players just enough room for the throw in animation, so it doesn't overlap with the assistant referees. Best to center them between the throw-in player and the boarding. So my pixel measurement may be a bit off for the distance to/from the line.

Here is the link to the image with two Assistant Referees embedded to show you their relative position:
SWOS Image Example distance Assistant Referees
(please not that using Image Link in the Forum editor is not working)

Images work fine in here...

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #142619 by starwindz
* New pitches
2019/20 - SWOS Utd. Anniv. Ed - No asst. refs
2019/20 - SWOS Utd. Anniv. Ed - Yellow kit asst. refs
2019/20 - SWOS Utd. Anniv. Ed - Black kit asst. refs

* Screenshots

* Download
www.mediafire.com/file/hx0ol3eqp478ij0/1...s_aniv_pitch.7z/file

* Installation
Extract .7z file to total pack folder

* Remark
These pitches will be included to next version of official total pack update.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by starwindz.

More
4 years 3 months ago #142621 by captaincofresi
Thanks for all the work :-). Looks good in the previews!

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds