Sociable Soccer 24 on Steam now

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #146751 by Synchronated
Hi guys. Anyone playing Sociable Soccer 24? How are we getting on? We are very excited for the launch which was 16th Nov 23. There are fifpro licences, smooth online matches, 1,400 up-to-date teams amongst plenty of other new stuff. 

I work on the data as you may know, and have a just few points to pass on from Jops during the launch:

- the Sociable team is listening closely to user feedback. One of the ways to give this is on the discord discord.gg/ErxCPBGe

- CPU AI in the early parts of career mode has already been improved following user feedback; it will get better faster as you go up the leagues and selecting Easy or Hard has more effect

- the game is good and fun but let's remember this is the Sensible Soccer 1.0 stage - it's not SWOS just yet!

Let us know your experiences and cheers again! Dave
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Synchronated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #146752 by broxopios
Hi Dave.

I hope the game improves with future updates. Currently, however, it is not in good condition. There may have been a slight improvement in the difficulty levels, but it remains quite easy. It doesn't captivate you, and it's not particularly challenging. Also, what's going on with the online modes? I see that you can only play simple PvP matches, if you find an opponent. Shouldn't the career mode be online?

Also, a complaint shared by many, including myself, is the fact that the bird view camera causes dizziness with its movement. When the player changes direction, the movement is abrupt and not smooth. Can you pass to the team this please?

To close my thoughs, why, after 6 years, haven't these improvements been made when we've mentioned them many times? The AI has been consistently easy all these years. Why wasn't it addressed? Why did people have to see the game in such a poor state, resulting in numerous negative reviews on Steam?

No offense mate. I'm just disappointed because all these years I supported the game, as it has a solid gameplay foundation, but I've seen that it remains very close to how it was six years ago.

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #146753 by Synchronated
Hi Brox, and thanks for your feedback.

The career does get very hard later on in the higher divisions (and it gets harder much quicker following user feedback now). The world mode is more difficult though, and if you want a challenge right away you could try winning the World Cup with Botswana (or worse), or a European club competition with a club from Gibraltar or San Marino for example.

The career mode being pvp would probably require thousands of active users in which case I think that's what might be done with it. It's not possible until then I think. The friendly pvp matches work very well and are great fun, and I've had quite a lot of them by now.

I agree about the bird camera. It is also not nearly zoomed out enough (you can actually see more of the pitch in any of the other cameras).

Anyway yes there is definitely room for improvement (as well as big plans regarding modes and online) and that's what the team intend to work on from here, thanks again.
Last edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Synchronated.

More
5 months 1 week ago #146754 by Playaveli

Hi guys. Anyone playing Sociable Soccer 24? How are we getting on? We are very excited for the launch which was 16th Nov 23. There are fifpro licences, smooth online matches, 1,400 up-to-date teams amongst plenty of other new stuff. 

I work on the data as you may know, and have a just few points to pass on from Jops during the launch:

- the Sociable team is listening closely to user feedback. One of the ways to give this is on the discord discord.gg/ErxCPBGe

- CPU AI in the early parts of career mode has already been improved following user feedback; it will get better faster as you go up the leagues and selecting Easy or Hard has more effect

- the game is good and fun but let's remember this is the Sensible Soccer 1.0 stage - it's not SWOS just yet!

Let us know your experiences and cheers again! Dave

Hi Dave! Thanks for posting.
Are you doing Gustav's job now and also work as the CM besides data?

More
5 months 1 week ago #146755 by Synchronated
Hi Playa, no (thankfully - I'm no good at this stuff), just wanted to get a message to the community and get some conversation on it if possible

More
5 months 6 days ago #146757 by broxopios
Has anyone else played the game? What are your thoughts? Aside from the negatives I mentioned, the gameplay has several positive aspects, and playing a bit online results in some very enjoyable matches. So, if the AI improves significantly for offline play, it could be a good choice. However, the career mode, as currently structured, is not as interesting as it be in SWOS. It seems to be designed for online play, in my understanding. Additionally, there could be a simple online mode, similar to FIFA 10 WC, where you choose your team and start a World Cup, playing against others. A total of 7 matches, 3 for the group stage and 4 for the knockout stage. Something that keeps you engaged and is interesting. Also, if there are enough people here who have the game, you could organize a small tournament.

More
5 months 8 minutes ago #146766 by Synchronated
Just a note that the game has been patched a couple of times now with great improvements to AI, keepers, controls and skill levels - would be interesting to hear some more experiences.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #146775 by broxopios
If any of you want to take a free steam key of Sociable Soccer 24 you can join the official discord channel and every day for 24 days at 20:00 GMT the devs gives 24 steam keys.

discord.gg/arj84Wj

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #146797 by Synchronated
Guys you can currently get free keys for this at the Sociable Soccer Discord!
discord.gg/XgHXJe2v
8pm every night of advent. Tonight's are still up for grabs.

Time to create page: 0.310 seconds