Not a technical person so please help!!!!

More
13 years 8 months ago #90925 by regjames
Hi guys
Got one of my old Amigas working this week and have been playing Sensible Soccer and SWOS ever since.....reminds me of the good old days!
I keep reading stuff about being able to play the Amiga version of the game on a pc, is that correct? If so, what exactly do i need to buy/download?
Will I be able to play against others on the internet?
More importantly, if all of the above is possible is there anyway of using my trusty old Zipstik on the PC?

PLEASE help!....also please be patient as im not a technical person and not a genius on computers!

Cheers fellow Sensi fans!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #90930 by Retrieving
Welcome aboard mate! :D

I keep reading stuff about being able to play the Amiga version of the game on a pc, is that correct? If so, what exactly do i need to buy/download?

All you need is this: sensiblesoccer.pl/Setup_ASWOS2.exe

Download it and you ll have the Amiga SWOS 96/ 97 emulated on your PC right outta the box.

Will I be able to play against others on the internet?

Positive, the aforementioned download features netplay as well through a software named Kaillera .

Plenty of online leagues and tournaments (including official national leagues and European cups such as Champions League) take place on monthly basis so finding opponents shouldn t be that hard and there s even a World Ranking ! :D

More importantly, if all of the above is possible is there anyway of using my trusty old Zipstik on the PC?

There s some adapters out there that allow the use of those DB9-port joysticks on modern-day PC s, dunno where to get one though (other people will surely chime in and point you to an online shop pronto though so don t worry).

Alternatively you could either build your own adapter or purchase a brand new Arcade-Stick. Might wanna check this thread by the way.

More
13 years 8 months ago #90932 by regjames
Thanks for your help guys!

These were the best joysticks ever. They seem unbreakable even when wrenching back on it to score with a chip from the half way line lol
Attachments:

More
13 years 8 months ago #90934 by Playaveli

More
13 years 8 months ago #90952 by EreWeGo

Nice joysticks. Here you can buy an USB adapter:

www.raphnet-tech.com/products/atari2usb/...hp?category=Adapters
atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail p=267

Both shops reliable!

I can vouch for the adaptor from Raphnet, works great for me!
If you want something new or customised, Retrieving Searain s joysticks look fantastic
:)

More
13 years 8 months ago #90995 by regjames
Hi guys

Quick update!
I have downloaded the Amiga game on to my pc, which was very simple thanks to the link posted on here.
I am rubbish playing with the keys so have ordered the adapter plug required so that i can use my amiga joystick. (will need help when i get it to set it up so it works!)
Still dont quite understand how to play against others or how you arrange games etc but im sure i will work it out soon enough.

One other thing, is it possible to make the screen size bigger? I selected full screen but its still quite a small square in the middle of the screen)...or is this normal?

More
13 years 8 months ago #90997 by lobo
For full screen use Pallister s settings: www.sensiblesoccer.info/forum/index.php?...58.msg22223#msg22223

To arrange games join chat: www.sensiblesoccer.de/files/mag/swos_chat_tutorial.pdf

Once there ask for friendly or ooo (ranked) games. You might consider joining one of the leagues: sensiblesoccer.de/index.php?site=online_amiga_tabellen

HF

More
13 years 8 months ago #91002 by regjames
Thanks for the help so far, i will try the full screen settings now.

I have got an adapter to convert usb to 9 pin, what do i need to select to make the joystick work?

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds