SWOS 96-97 on A4000T with 68060

• other_reality
  • other_reality's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 4 weeks ago #85159 by other_reality
SWOS 96-97 on A4000T with 68060 was created by other_reality
Hello guys, this is my first post here. I m an active SWOS player and I am having trouble running SWOS 96-97 smoothly on my A4000T. I ve used both whdload and floppy versions, its going slow or having slowdowns from time to time. I dont want to have my A500 out again only because of sensi, and as an amiga user and sensi player i just hate winuae !!! any help ? The hdf version hosted in this site wont boot on 3.1 WB by the way, i think its because of the 060. I m basivally looking for a modded whdload install, or hdf file. I dont think any floppy version will do me any good coz its si skiw when in game !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #90043 by Playaveli
Sorry for the late answer.
Actually, I have no clue, because I never came across or owned an A4000.
But the HDF file should work anyway.

Maybe Pallister has an answer.

More
13 years 9 months ago #90058 by Pallister
The problem is indeed the 060 processor. What you can try is to emulate a downgrade on your 060, or Relokick could be a solution for example. But I m afraid you have to disable your 060 processor. Doing this, you ll lost your RAM which is needed to play SWOS from HD. But if you have installed Ram onboard too it would work that way.

More
13 years 9 months ago #90060 by Saulot
Well, I will let him know since I know the guy (and have faced him in battle eeer SWOS matches...)

• other_reality
  • other_reality's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 8 months ago #90917 by other_reality
Replied by other_reality on topic Re: SWOS 96-97 on A4000T with 68060

The problem is indeed the 060 processor. What you can try is to emulate a downgrade on your 060, or Relokick could be a solution for example. But I m afraid you have to disable your 060 processor. Doing this, you ll lost your RAM which is needed to play SWOS from HD. But if you have installed Ram onboard too it would work that way.

Well, thanks for the tip but i m afraid i can t disable my 060 because its my machines only cpu (A4000T native, not with accelerator). Relokick wont do me any good because of my hard drive and so on - Nevermind though, i bought a floppy for my cd32 and i am now a happy sensi player !!! No probs whatsoever, with glorious S-video output !! Galahad from fairlight is working a new slave for the game which will hopefully correct all the issues with higher cpu s. Till then i ll just stick with my cd32 which i renamed to the greek sensibliera which means ...ehmm...the thing tha does sensible !?! Greetins Saulot, maybe i ll start online playing too who knows

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds