A little bit of ideas for future new features

More
2 years 4 months ago #145552 by Playaveli

Is it likely Playaveli that the hex editing required for unlimited transfers etc will NOT be required on future upgrades?

Sure, we can get rid of that limitation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #145577 by chaoz2eyez
In speedrun game it could be third bar with current ranking record, like this (attachment). Players not need to remember time to achieve.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by chaoz2eyez.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #145638 by captaincofresi
In the long run, would it be possible to make the following options stick and NOT be changed when Loading a Competition (DIY)?
- Audio options: sound on/off; menu music on/off; commentary on/off; crowd chants on/off; match volume; music volume.
- Gameplay options: Friendly / DIY game length; Pitch Selection (might already be like that) on/off ; Auto replays on/off; All player teams equal on/off; Auto Save Highlights on/off; Auto save Replays on/off; Game Style amiga/dos.

Some of there might already be like that, the one that I always change after loading a DIY from the DLC by Insane is 'auto replay: on' back to my setting 'auto replay: off'. And in the audio options, menu music: on, back to my setting menu music off. Although more might change, if they would not be the same as my personal setting that is.

So only 'fix pitch type' would change, as this is often related to the DIY setup.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by captaincofresi.

More
2 years 3 months ago #145677 by chaoz2eyez
- ability to make a tackle by GK (currently GK cannot get card, w/o tackling etc.) for example intervention outside the penalty area. I know the GK sometimes tries to run to the ball and often leaves goal empty.
- marks on pitch after tackle/slide (I remeber "Sensible clone" on AMIGA/PC called "Football Glory" it had a changing and devastating turf as the match went on)
- sepia/B&W graphics mode

Altrough mentioned the en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Glory
have some interestig features.

More
2 years 2 months ago #145769 by Medom1982
Great job guys .. the best football game ever.

Is there a way/possibility to use the 2D swos engine in a retro management game being actually updated ? This will give SWOS another dimension (developing more the managing/coaching side of the game).

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 1 month ago #145793 by bosy
hey guys
congratulations for what you did
that amazing and nearly perfect feature gives a breath of fresh air and keeps everything clean
there's nothing much to add
in the past i was thinking about boosting the game mechanics as in the career mode, maybe some transfer market tune or european cups twist so you don't have to compete with the same teams or see the same players as often
the other things i don't know, thanks for applying the speed run mode
now it's pretty much perfect
what i was thinking of before is that different leagues could have different stadiums. now you have many graphics so maybe nice tiny stadiums for smaller leagues? we don't have to go with putting the best stadiums into every league like in modern days because it's still game and it can be like a symbol: better league can have modest stadiums and smaller league can have other
another thing: if you can put different year teams, even with national only, to be selected from the level of game it can become the most complete football game in history
it is nearly perfect now anyway and i'm sure whatever you do now is gonna be ideal
cheers

ps
you can maybe allow to play national vs club but i don't find it really nesesery cause it's never practiced. though can be some free play mode or whatever. another thing would be a street ball/futsal. it of course has its own players so a little bit excessive. but as a free-play mode why not. needs smaller pitches and less players though. as we get there, you can make basketball and tennis lol. but it would be insane. there are many possibilities on that engine though. i've seen you already add some speedball and rugby as for the graphics i guess. if we are going that way, i think you might try doing hitchhikers guide to the galaxy playable remake or star wars. anyway your'e doing nice job. that 2005 history mode is a nice add on. and i've just seen penalties are nicely done. as we talk real, you already made custom outfits possible - you can perhaps make different year teams possible during friendly game and different years during the world cups etc.
there's something that always annoyed me. that you can't do the changes during the timeout, you have to wait until the second half. and another thing - when someone is injured, game suggest changing the first one on the list anyway with the same type of player, not the injured one. perhaps could be refined.
maybe you can do custom stadium and chants for 2005 revision? though i actually like the restraint way you make it - the more fancy looks more fan made cause swos was originally simple.

edit 2
you can think of checking that background as default. it looks modern and fits perfectly imo
you might also consider my default set (skip the commentary and sounds): the microprose music at the beginning is a funny easter egg and fits well
i suggest you changing the 2020 icon to something new hence it looks out of date and doesn't spot the dlc vibe

The ball is round and the goals are two - Casimir Montane
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by bosy.

More
1 year 11 months ago #145894 by sanderholm
I'm certain it has been suggested before, but the possibility to practice on set pieces like corners and free kicks would be lovely.

More
1 year 11 months ago #145895 by starwindz

I'm certain it has been suggested before, but the possibility to practice on set pieces like corners and free kicks would be lovely.

these features will be released in the next update 4.0.3. probably in April
The following user(s) said Thank You: sanderholm

More
1 year 11 months ago #145896 by sanderholm

these features will be released in the next update 4.0.3. probably in April

Well that's more or less the best news I've heard all day. Thanks!

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #145897 by mycenaean
Hello everybody. Would it be possible to add the "All National Teams" patch as a dlc? Thank you
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by mycenaean.

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds