Problem with one button mapped joystick and the bench

More
10 months 1 day ago - 10 months 1 day ago #146617 by JumahoGreat
Hello guys,
I have installed the latest version of SWOS 2020.(v 5.4.6).
I have a joystick Suzo Competition 9000, with 2 buttons, but they are seen as a one button (due to the nature of the stick, I know!).
When the match starts and the ball is on my squad from the midfileld or when my goalkeeper has to pass the ball to restart the play, the bench is called... I cannot pass the ball to anyone,  how can I avoid this?
In "Options" the fire button is the number 0 and the bench button is the number 1 (I have clicked the right button during configuration, but it doesn't help).
With this kind of joysticks 0 and 1 are the same, are seen as a unique button!
I can only play when the action is started by the computer team!
Shall I have to buy another joystick (not pad!!) with 2 independent buttons? (if yes, which model do you suggest on Ebay?)

It's a shame.
In my humble opinion, it's a bug.
I cannot select a key on the keyboard for the bench button to avoid the use of the button on the stick.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Regards,
Giulio
Last edit: 10 months 1 day ago by JumahoGreat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #146619 by Playaveli
Hm, can you press a keyboard key when asked for button 1?

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #146623 by JumahoGreat
Hello Playaveli,
thank you for your suggestion.
I tried to press some keys on the keyboard to try to betray the check and use the fire button only for playing, but it is not possible.
I have to press a fire button, but being the same at the end on these family of joysticks (Suzo 9000, Competition Pro), during a game, the call to bench triggers as soon as I pass the ball from the midfield, so I cannot pass the ball to anyone.
It's annoying.

Do you know if the Joyboard Jb-1 joystick can handle 2 different buttons? It has 2 buttons, named Trigger A and Trigger B, but according to this forum :

www.amiga-news.de/de/forum/thread.php?id=32685&BoardID=1

it seems it can't handle the 2 different purposes requested by SWOS

In the field of joysticks, only Maverick M1 Quickshot can handle the two distinct fire buttons requested by this wonderful game?

Regards,
Giulio

More
9 months 3 weeks ago - 9 months 3 weeks ago #146624 by Playaveli
Are you sure it's the button? Maybe the directional input is bugged and it always tries to go into one direction (tapping 3x into a direction calls the bench, too).
Also, check the AUTO FIRE switch, and make sure it's not enabled.

Which adapter are you using?
Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Playaveli.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #146625 by JumahoGreat
Hi Playaveli,
I'm using a Suzo 9000 Professional competition, which doesn't have the auto fire option.

Here the detail page at msx.org:
www.msx.org/wiki/Suzo_Prof_Competition_9000

I'm using this adapter by Mayflash:

www.mayflash.com/product/16.html

When I enter SWOS 2020, Options, "redefine controls", the game sees correctly the name of the adapter.
Fire button 0 is selected for gaming, fire button 1 is selected for the bench. Even if I try to press the right button of the joystick for the bench and the left fire button for gaming, nothing changes.
I tried to use another adapter, with the same joystick, the problem remains.

Do you know if this joystick made by Elite has 2 ***different*** buttons?

www.ebay.it/itm/265959547372?hash=item3d...c:g:1ZAAAOSwkihjW8z-

the 2 buttons are of different size..... this would be perfect because I'm not left handed...

Otherwise should I go towards Quickshot Maverick 1M? (it would be good, but I'm not left handed... I search somthig similar to 1M but for right handed users :-) )

Regards,
Giulio

More
9 months 3 weeks ago - 9 months 3 weeks ago #146626 by Playaveli
It could be the adapter! That has made problems for quite a few players around here.
Can you try it with Joy2key and set controls in game to keyboard?

joytokey.net/en/download

If that does NOT work... get a new adapter!

monsterjoysticks.com/9-pin-joystick-to-usb-adapter
www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=70
www.raphnet-tech.com/products/db9joy_usb_v2/index.php
Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by Playaveli.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JumahoGreat

More
9 months 2 weeks ago - 9 months 2 weeks ago #146630 by JumahoGreat
great great Playaveli!
Now I have succedeed into playing SWOS 2020 on pc environment!
I downloaded the JoyToKey in zip format.
I made the mapping you suggested in the video, then I made the custom redefined controls inside SWOS for Keyboard (I was telling SWOS to use the Keyboard, but in the background I was playing with the joystick).
First I used the adapter by Mayflash, but I had the problem of the bench call as soon as I passed the ball from midfield.
Then, as you suggested, I changed the adapter with another one I have, not branded, built by a person I have known on Internet recently.
result: the stick works like a charm!
I'm using Suzo 9000 Professional Competition, the same joystick for which I saw the problem.
You're very clever and full of knowledge, Playaveli!
You saved me from buying tons of new joysticks.
In the worst case, I shall buy the license of JoyToKey, as stated in the web site.

Thumbs up!
Swos 2020 is incredible.
(I was used playing the original Amiga version 1995 on WINUAE, always on Windows environment)
I think Swos 2020 is a bit more difficult than WinUae version for 1995, at the same level as 2022 version on WinUae... where the goalkeeper is intelligent!.

Cheers,
Giulio
Last edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by JumahoGreat.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #146631 by Playaveli
Glad to hear that it works now.
Try also to play without Joy2key, using your other adapter (not branded). That should work, too... :)

Now, also join us on online multiplayer and our discord chat!

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #146635 by JumahoGreat
God bless you, Playaveli ! :-)
I'm not sure I can play without running in background the fantastique software JoyToKey.
I can use only the adapter not branded.
Days ago I tried to use the adapter not branded without the mapper, but the problem was still present.
So I have to run in the background your solution.
Do you confirm JoyToKey has to be ran always when I play SWOS 2020, right?

The Mayflash isn't good for SWOS 2020 on PC, it works well in the Amiga version on WinUAE.

Thank you for your invitation to play online.
First I have to make some huge practice, because I played always the version with WinUAE, the Amiga original one.
It is different, as I wrote in the previous messages.. and against a PRO User like you, I have to be very trained!! :-)
I saw on Youtube your 100+ goals match against VTB team (I think it is a Russian one).
Wonderful!
100+ goals in 10 minutes!
Wow!

Cheers,
Giulio

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds