Love This - Want to Help

More
2 years 4 months ago #145578 by Bronnac
Hi Gents,

Long time fan of SWOS. Smashed it to death on the Commodore 64 back in the 90's, loving the 2020 version and everything you have done with it. Back when I used to play and coach but now i'm more of a coach but every now and then I'll control an important game.

Anyway, enough rambling from me. 

I mostly play career & custom competition modes. I have some issues/grips with the financial side of career mode. I find it very unbalanced and could be more realistic. for example, I don't know if any of you have tried starting a career with Arsenal? if you don't buy or sell any players. you will be bankrupt by game 20 of the first season!

Is there scope in programming to adapt/expand to allow of additional revenue streams like Advertising/merchandising/sponsorship for instance?

If so, I have some great ideas I want to put forward and help design. fall back onto my background in economics. 

Let me know. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #145579 by chaoz2eyez
Replied by chaoz2eyez on topic Love This - Want to Help
SWOS and Sensible Soccer was developed on C64? Doubt it. Maybe you talking about Microprose Soccer?
Regarding financial in career, my "habit" was start with DIV3 english or scottish club and correct the squad (sold reserves it was always about 500K). And from there building up the squad and playing (prefer playing than coaching). After each season you should have couple M pounds. If you clinch champions league or euro cup you should have bonus (+2,3,4M pounds). My record was about +10M pounds of bonus, when entire year was ended about +2M pounds. Therefore I understand that playing with high level clubs from start, require to sell some players (bench) and struggle with current account.

More
2 years 4 months ago #145580 by Bronnac
Replied by Bronnac on topic Love This - Want to Help

SWOS and Sensible Soccer was developed on C64? Doubt it. Maybe you talking about Microprose Soccer?
Regarding financial in career, my "habit" was start with DIV3 english or scottish club and correct the squad (sold reserves it was always about 500K). And from there building up the squad and playing (prefer playing than coaching). After each season you should have couple M pounds. If you clinch champions league or euro cup you should have bonus (+2,3,4M pounds). My record was about +10M pounds of bonus, when entire year was ended about +2M pounds. Therefore I understand that playing with high level clubs from start, require to sell some players (bench) and struggle with current account.

Well this was over twenty years ago for me. It was definitely called Sensible world of soccer so I can only think I'm confusing the Master System version with my C64. In fact, i recall using my 9-pin MS2 pad in the C64 when I played Grand Prix 2 when it came out. Gosh Memories! Not to mention Championship Manager Italia! that game was amazing in a time period when Italian football was massive and on TV every week. Reason I've supported Juventus all my adult life. Il Divin Codino!

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #145581 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Love This - Want to Help
It was the Commodore AMIGA that Sensible Soccer / SWOS was published on... not the C64! ;) Thanks for your post, I will get back to you eventually. Glad to hear you like the game and the new stuff we did with it. Enjoy.
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Playaveli.

More
2 years 4 months ago #145601 by Sinnesloeschen
Sensi was on the master system, but only the regular one (Not SWOS, so no career, very limited number of clubs etc.).
If you owned that one i pity you because the gameplay was godawful lol. ;p

Also yeahh, improved career mode please! =D (Don't get me wrong, i get that the competitive side is what kept this project alive, but a proper career SWOS still is my dream footie game - Anyone remember the wonderfully german-named "Andreas Osswalds Championship Soccer"? I want that with the SWOS engine...and the fluff from Croteams "Football Glory" - One can dream ;) ).

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds