Re: EDITOR ASSIGNMENTS - CURRENT UPDATE STATUS

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #141887 by Playaveli

Hey Sebatosh/Playa.

I ll take to Sebatosh via Whatsapp (sending a mail now).
But New Zealand might be a bit strange to do in the 96/97 update form.
Reason: 96/97 has one national league (Premiership), like I used in 16/17.
There is no relegation to lower leagues.
The second step of the pyramid has 5 regional leagues. In 96/97 there are two regional leagues.
For 16/17 I converted these leagues into North Island / South Island leagues.
BUT, if we are going to do this properly, it might be handy to have 5 regional leagues here.
Otherwise it ll be a lot of work to make 2 leagues, then convert them back to 5.

Thoughts? And before people say New Zealand isn t important , I prefer these leagues to
the top leagues around the world..... :)
Ideas?

Same procedure as with 16/17, please! You did a great job.

I once read in another forum that the challenge is to update the players nationalities which didn t exist in 1996\97...

Is it possible or this will be checked later?

I download your version of editor 1.3 and it s the same as the old one that I have...

And what about the competition for clubs of south america? libertadores....
(I read something about this too...)

Everything later! Our main programmer needs more time. So for now, we need 100% compatibility to 96/97, DOS and Amiga!

Writing back to the Rock as we speak; if you want I can do both, so: following the 96/97 structure with 2 lower leagues as well as 5 for the later update (from what I understood the league structure is going to be adjusted in SWOS2020 right?). Just let me know...

Can I also do the 4 national squads of Oceania? In 96/97 that s Australia, Fiji, New Zealand and Solomon Islands.
Australia is however part of the Asian Football Confederation since 2006. Does that mean they move elsewhere / should I replace them with another team?

Follow 96/97 for now! With everything! Assigned you to these National Teams. Thanks!! :)

Self-assigned: NATIONAL TEAMS, ASIA! 8)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• daddywarhol
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 7 months ago #141888 by daddywarhol
Replied by daddywarhol on topic Re: EDITOR ASSIGNMENTS - CURRENT UPDATE STATUS
As I haven t been part of the 16/17 update team I have to ask you what s the BETA STATUS??????????

More
4 years 7 months ago #141889 by Rock and Roll
Beta status means that a version has been uploaded.
This still has to be checked for mistakes in e.g. prices, formation, spelling, hair colour etc.

• daddywarhol
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 7 months ago #141890 by daddywarhol
Replied by daddywarhol on topic Re: EDITOR ASSIGNMENTS - CURRENT UPDATE STATUS

Beta status means that a version has been uploaded.
This still has to be checked for mistakes in e.g. prices, formation, spelling, hair colour etc.

MANY THANKS!!!
;D ;D ;D

More
4 years 7 months ago #141892 by Rock and Roll
Following on from Playa s post, for people who, just like me, are going to research
leagues which aren t as well-known. I ve had a few questions concerning this.
So, this is what I did for 16/17 and what I m doing for 2020.

What I have already done is researched the professional leagues in the leagues I m editing.
I m putting everything in Excel, before I start to create teams in an editor.

E.g. El Salvador.

El Salvador has 7 leagues in its professional structure, but only 4 in swos 96/97.
In real life, a 1st division, two 2nd divisions and four 3rd divisions.
(And two tournaments a year with playoffs, but that s another story :) )

At the moment I ve done the team/league research and I m busy putting teams in Excel.
To find teams I use Soccerway / Transfermarkt / Sortitoutsi (FM2019 database) / Facebook
and other stuff for vague leagues (for El Salvador for example I use Futbol Nacional 503 on Facebook
and I find a lot of stuff on teams Facebook and Twitter pages). For e.g. the Tercera in El Salvador I
sometimes find team sheets, goalscorers etc..
I make sure I find photos of home and away strips (waiting for a super strip editor in swos 2020 ;) ).

Soccerway has this cool feature where you can sort statistics per team by minutes played.
That way I know who plays / has played a lot. Values can be found on Transfermarkt for the
highest leagues in a nation. Using a bit of clever conversion I can recreate values for lower leagues.
For lower leagues you can add a few k s to some values to recreate real life league standings.
Make sure the 16 players you select follow the rules (eg, you need RW/LW etc).

Photos of players (hair colour) can sometimes be found via Soccerway/Transfermarkt.
Otherwise Google Search, Facebook, or guess :D. E.g. a lot of players in El Salvador have
black hair. That means a lot of players you can t find photos of will have black hair too.

I choose a formation using Soccerway / Transfermarkt or a recent team sheet.

After I ve created a whole league, I calculate average values per team and add/subtract a few k s
here and there so the teams highest in the league have the strongest average rating.

I ll finish the seven divisions in El Salvador in Excel, after that I ll convert them to 96/97 leagues
for the Beta. E.g. our beloved Once Lobos (11 Wolves) are in the bottom half of their division (2nd A).
This means they ll probably be in the third division in the first version of SWOS 2020 (the second
division will be the top teams in the 2nd A and B).

Maybe some people will find this info handy, otherwise...just ignore it :D .
If anyone has a question, shoot :) .

At the moment I m busy filling in the players of the Premier League in the Faroe Islands.
First team is finished...B36 Thorshavn is SWOS 2020 (Beta) Ready!!!

More
4 years 7 months ago #141893 by sensibleswos
great research Rock and Roll.

I used to use www.soccerassociation.com/ back in the day, sadly you have to pay for it. When I used to do updates I went by how many games a player played per game. I always found winter transfers most annoying as I had to do more research on that player and decide who to replace etc.

More
4 years 7 months ago #141895 by gatifun
Hi, I can try african leagues and national african teams. Deadline 30th october is fine to me, maybe I can start from 1 week on until deadline.

go go go

More
4 years 7 months ago #141896 by Playaveli

Hi, I can try african leagues and national african teams. Deadline 30th october is fine to me, maybe I can start from 1 week on until deadline.

go go go

That s awesome! If you need help, let me know!

More
4 years 7 months ago #141900 by BOCo23
I can try with Slovenia. Just 1. league or 1. and 2. league?

More
4 years 7 months ago #141901 by Playaveli

I can try with Slovenia. Just 1. league or 1. and 2. league?

Nice! :) Same as in 96/97, please! Same amount of teams.

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds